MORTENS HALIBUT PAGE

THIS IS MY WINDOW TO THE WONDERFUL "HALIBUT KINGDOM " AROUND KVALØYVÅGEN, NORTH NORWAY - FISHIN\ IS THE MISSION



Monday, 3 November 2014

NOVEMBER IN HALIBUT KINGDOM

HUMPBACK WHALES IN HALIBUT KINGDOM - I WAS VERY HAPPY WHEN I COULD MAKE THIS PHOTO
 
HUMPBACK WHALE CATCHING HERRING -  1 M3 MOUTH AND 3-4 METERS CHEEKS.

A GREAT MEAL OF HERRING

FILTRATION AND PUSH OUT WATER

The 1. November was a Perfect day for halibut Fishing in the Halibut Kingdom outside Kvaløyvaagen in Tromsø, Arctic Norway. The weather was Nice - +1 degree celsius and 3 - 4 m/s Wind from South east .

I started from the harbour very early in the morning because the daylight  at this time of the year at 70. degree north  are very short.

Just outside Kvaløyvaagen I saw a lot of seagulls hunting for Fish, and I also recognized many clear water spots between the small wind waves.

This is a good sign for whales or herring close to the surface,  because they leave traces of fish oil that calmes down the waves at the sea-surface.

I started fishing with a Big bob jig, and after only 1 minute I had a big 12 kg sei ( pollack) on the rubberfish. Then I had big cod, and so many big sei that I wanted to take. The sea was full of sei, cod and herring.

After some searching I saw the first blow from a humpback whale just about 1 km away. I went closer to have a look, and suddenly I could take part in a great fiesta of jumping and feeding  whales.


I stopped the engines, and went out With my camera just to watch the whales hunting for herring in the area.
It was an amasing show. I could see the big 15 meter whales cooperate to make bubble- curtains to make traps for the herrings . When the herrings were trapped  - 3 or more 15 meter whales came jumping  up from the water with their big mouths open and filled their gaps with herring.


Suddenly I realized that they had made a bubble curtain only 10 meters from the " BigFisher" - The diameter of the curtain was about 25 -30 meters, and a lot of herrings tried to Escape trough the air and jumped out of the water.
Just at that moment the whales attacked. One of the whales almost hit the "BigFisher", but managed to make a sharp turn so he went under the boat. He was not more than 7 meters away from me, and  I looked him into his eyes - and he was looking back  straight at me .
What a feeling !!!
When he dived under my boat he blew like a big aircompressor with compressed air just into my face - hard to believe what happened .

I managed to take some pictures of him ( or her ??) - take a look.
 

Looking at me - you can see his eye just to the left .

He blew air and water at me when going Down

Going under the " BIg FIsher "

Gone Down

After spotting the whales for some hours I went to one of my best places for big halibuts.
After only 15 minutes of Fishing I had a really heavy attack on my cod baitfish.

I like to use my Penn International II 50 S reel on a 50 lbs Okuma Makaira rod with strong braided line - a solid combination that works very good for me when hunting for the big halibuts. This combination you can really rely on.


THE "THREE GENERATION HOUSE "


This was a very strong halibut with a lot of potent energy - It felt even stronger than the 110 kg halibut I landed on the same spot two years ago.
The big difference this time was that I was alone on the " BigFisher" today.
Its not so easy to handle a 100 kg halibut all alone , but I enjoyed the fight and the great Challenge this was.
I was well prepared if this should happen - my harpoon With 10 meter rope and a floater was made ready  and big hook With 10 meter strong rope was tied up - also  ready for action .
THE LIGHTHOUSE


It was a great fight - and the halibut was strong. Since I was alone I let it go down from the surface three times with a strong brake on the reel to tire him out  - but not so strong  that I could cut the braided line.

It took me about 30 minutes to land the big halibut . When it was lying quiet behind the boat, I could go down on the diving platform to hook it with the  hook.

Just when I had hooked it, it exploded again and almost pulled me overboard.

What a fight - what a day in Halibut Kingdom   !!!!

After I had managed to lift it from the water with my specially made halibut crane, I measured it to be 1, 81 meter - should be  above  80 kg.  My digital scale was unfortunately not working as it should due to  bad battery. But it was a great fight and a wonderful halibut !!

And a wonderful day at sea !!!



A Nice halibut from Halibut Kingdom


Skipper in front - my halibut friend behind !!

Going back home


Back in the marina in Tromsø the " BigFisher " and the " SmallFisher "


8 comments:

  1. Hello SKIPPER!
    Congratulation!!! WHAT a day !!!!!!!
    THINGS YOU CAN'T BUY FOR MONEY !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Morten
    The perfect Day.
    What a nature experience.Great !!
    we envy you. :-)
    Congratulation for the Halibut.
    Lieben Gruß an Jorun
    Claudia und Rolf




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is Jessie Bender from USA My boyfriend and I were happy as far as I could tell and I never thought that we would break up. When his cousin died in a tragic car accident he went back to Philippine for a week to be with his family. I could not go because I was in the middle of entertaining out of town clients for work. He did not seem to be upset that I could not go so I let him be. The next thing that I know, he reconnected with an old friend from high school that he had a crush on years ago and they started to have an affair! I had no clue what was going on until a month after he came back from Philippine.He proceeded to see both her and I until I caught him testing her one night. I confronted him and he told me the truth about what happened. We broke up and went our separate ways. Neither of us fought for our relationship. I was angry and decided not to be upset about it and just keep it moving. Then after about a month of not speaking to him I became sad. I wanted him to tell me that he wanted to be with me and not her. I contacted Dr .Ogala for a love spell and he totally helped me! he was able to get him to miss me to where he wanted to get back together again. He had a lot of regrets and felt bad for not fighting to keep me and for cheating in general. He values our relationship so much more now and we are together now! You can also get your lover back with the help of Dr. Ogala contact him through his email: Holyspellcast@yahoo.com.or through his website:http://holyspellcast.wix.com/holyspellcast and you can also call him +2348039456308 THANKS..

      Delete
  3. i am so happy to share my testimony on how i was able to get back my ex lover around September 2015 with the help of Dr. Ofemo since 5 year ago, I almost gave up trying to get my ex lover back to commit to our relationship fully. I had tried the whole lot I knew, but what I DIDN'T know was that all I had to do was come to you Dr. Ofemo, and with your blessings and extraordinary magic powers, I wouldn't have to do all the work at all. you did your magic, and immediately after 24 hours, my lover came back to me with lots of apologies and flowers.. And now my life is balanced and happy again. Dr. Ofemo is a real and genuine spell caster he help me restore back my broken relationship. You do a great service to people, You are talented with spell to bring back ex lover and many more. Thank you for weaving your magic love spells for me. She is back just the way it was when we first met,his email address:drofemospelltempl@gmail.com it was all like a dream to me, i am so happy now as we are back together again thanks to Dr. Ofemo and i will advice anyone in need of help to contact him via email: drofemospelltemple@yahoo.com or his cell number +2348163387496 his web/site http://drofemospelltemple.wix.com/dr-ofemo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never believed in spell casting but After 6 years of dating my ex lover, I still imagine how Dr Ofemo brought my ex lover back to me in just 24 hour. No one could have ever made me believe that there is a real spell caster that really work. am Kate by name,I want to quickly tell the world that there is a real on line spell caster that is powerful and genuine, His name is Dr Ofemo, He helped me recently to reunite my relationship with my ex lover who left me, When i contacted Dr Ofemo he cast a love spell for me and my ex lover who said he doesn't have anything to do with me again called me and started begging me. he is back now with so much love and caring. today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the powers of bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my lover,and the most surprise,is that our love is very strong,every day is happiness and joy. and there is nothing like been with the man you love.i am so happy my love is back to me with the help of Dr.Ofemo if you have similar problem i will advice you to contact him ,he is there to help you and put a smile on your face ask he did to me and others. his email: drofemospelltemple@gmail.com or his hot line:+2348163387496 You can contact him Via this email:drofemospelltemple@yahoo.com or
    his web/site http://greatofemospelltemple.webs.com/ contact him now website: http://drofemospelltemple.wix.com/dr-ofemo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having my left ex lover back has been the greatest thing that has happened to me, i want to share my testimony of how the love of my life come back, i got my ex lover of my life back, am happy to tell the people in the world there is a real spell caster online and is powerful and genuine, His name is Dr.Ofemo spell caster, He helped me recently to reunite my relationship with my boyfriend who dumped me, When i contacted Dr Ofemo he cast a love spell for me and my boyfriend who said he doesn't have anything to do with me again called me and started begging me. To anyone who is reading this article and needs any help Dr Ofemo can also offer any types of help like Reuniting of marriage and relationship, Curing of all types of Diseases,HERPES CURE OR CANCER OR HIV&AIDS, Court Cases,Lottery winning, Pregnancy Spell, Spiritual protection and lot's more thanks once again wonderful man,email drofemospelltempl@gmail.com my life all i want to say is thank you to Dr Ofemo for helping me so if you are suffering and need a change of life i will advice you to contact them now at their via: drofemospelltemple@yahoo.com or his web/site: http://greatofemospelltemple.webs.com/ or cell number +2348163387496 his web/site http://drofemospelltemple.wix.com/dr-ofemo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Jessie Bender from USA My boyfriend and I were happy as far as I could tell and I never thought that we would break up. When his cousin died in a tragic car accident he went back to Philippine for a week to be with his family. I could not go because I was in the middle of entertaining out of town clients for work. He did not seem to be upset that I could not go so I let him be. The next thing that I know, he reconnected with an old friend from high school that he had a crush on years ago and they started to have an affair! I had no clue what was going on until a month after he came back from Philippine.He proceeded to see both her and I until I caught him testing her one night. I confronted him and he told me the truth about what happened. We broke up and went our separate ways. Neither of us fought for our relationship. I was angry and decided not to be upset about it and just keep it moving. Then after about a month of not speaking to him I became sad. I wanted him to tell me that he wanted to be with me and not her. I contacted Dr .Ogala for a love spell and he totally helped me! he was able to get him to miss me to where he wanted to get back together again. He had a lot of regrets and felt bad for not fighting to keep me and for cheating in general. He values our relationship so much more now and we are together now! You can also get your lover back with the help of Dr. Ogala contact him through his email: Holyspellcast@yahoo.com.or through his website:http://holyspellcast.wix.com/holyspellcast and you can also call him +2348039456308 THANKS..

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Jessie Bender from USA My boyfriend and I were happy as far as I could tell and I never thought that we would break up. When his cousin died in a tragic car accident he went back to Philippine for a week to be with his family. I could not go because I was in the middle of entertaining out of town clients for work. He did not seem to be upset that I could not go so I let him be. The next thing that I know, he reconnected with an old friend from high school that he had a crush on years ago and they started to have an affair! I had no clue what was going on until a month after he came back from Philippine.He proceeded to see both her and I until I caught him testing her one night. I confronted him and he told me the truth about what happened. We broke up and went our separate ways. Neither of us fought for our relationship. I was angry and decided not to be upset about it and just keep it moving. Then after about a month of not speaking to him I became sad. I wanted him to tell me that he wanted to be with me and not her. I contacted Dr .Ogala for a love spell and he totally helped me! he was able to get him to miss me to where he wanted to get back together again. He had a lot of regrets and felt bad for not fighting to keep me and for cheating in general. He values our relationship so much more now and we are together now! You can also get your lover back with the help of Dr. Ogala contact him through his email: Holyspellcast@yahoo.com.or through his website:http://holyspellcast.wix.com/holyspellcast and you can also call him +2348039456308 THANKS..

    ReplyDelete